Yeah guys ... I'm in NZ


Gratis bloggen bei

WRC Popecia 2006 New Zealand

So finally the rally is over. It was a weekend of driving not just for the rally drivers but for me as well. The stages of every leg where sometimes in a distance of 70 km to each other forcing every bit of attention from you because of its partially gravel pattern and the windy turns. Thursday was the ceremonial opening but I couldn't really enjoy it because the carpark was closing down at 6:00 PM and I had to drive to the first stage. There I stayed overnight with another bunch of rally freaks enjoying their and my time. Though the first stage was a little foggy it was pretty fun watching the car emerge with its loud exhaust noise out of the fog to take a long lowcut left turn to disappear again leaving a cloud of dust and gravel. With the last car passing the viewing point it was time to get back into the van and drive to the next stage. Unfortunately there was a little problem - the keys where locked in the car. So I had to get a rusty wire from the sheep fence and tried half an hour to open it until the car gave up and returned my keys. Well I think until then I wasn't that bad to my car that it had to lock me out. Probably it new what was coming the next days With the keys returned I drove to the next stage having the chance to get as close as possible to a WRCar passing at a speed of approximately 140 km/h. That I tell you was real rally feeling. With this nice stage finished I had to get to the Event Center Mystery Creek where the Super Special Stage 1 was held. To get there in time and not being bothered by reading the map I followed the Qatar Rally team on its way to the service park. Was really exciting trying to hold pace with a real rally car. Arriving just in time it was rather disappointing to see a SSS made for just one car and not like regularly for two cars at a time. After that a worker from the rally HQ joined me and we drove that evening to the next leg where we would sleep. It turned out that the chosen position was crappy and I drove about five kilometers on the rally track to get to a better point. Unfortunately it rained next day and the rally was more mud than gravel. We left just after the WRCars passed and didn't watch anymore the P-WRC. Unfortunately the parking place was muddy as well and I got stuck 3 times. Next day at the last leg it should be better. Driving on Saturday to a nice sunset to sleep at the stage again I met some crazy folks from Swiss. Partying all night the next day should be the best Leg of all. The viewing point covered an area of 1 kilometer where the track descended to the sea. At the last stage of the rally I got stuck again and this time a jeep had to pull me out destroying my side mirror. Bad luck that was. The ceremonial finish made the loss forget with Groenholm being first followed by his teammate Hirvonen. Third place was given to the Austrian Manfred Stohl. With the cars leaving some P-WRC drivers did some burnouts and donuts giving the rally its final cut. Yeah thats so far everything from the rally.

Now I'll have to look for a job to refill my money


19.11.06 23:17

bisher 1 Kommentar(e)     TrackBack-URL

Alex (20.11.06 14:30)
Meine Fresse, das scheint da so geil zu sein. You will never come back mate... Bloody Hell

E-Mail bei weiteren Kommentaren
Informationen speichern (Cookie)

Die Datenschuterklärung und die AGB habe ich gelesen, verstanden und akzeptiere sie. (Pflicht Angabe)

 Smileys einfügen